Step 1: Get Excited About Gratitude
There are so many reasons why practicing gratitude regularly can improve your health and happiness! Here are just a few:
1. Practicing gratitude regularly helps you create a positive mindset on a daily basis. When your mind is in a positive place, things just go more smoothly.
2. Practicing gratitude regularly helps your body rebalance from stress and can in fact, lower the stress hormone cortisol by 23%. (1)
3. Practicing gratitude regularly helps improve your personal relationships.
4. Practicing gratitude regularly can be instrumental in helping you deal with and “bounce back” from major life challenges.
5. Research shows that people who practice gratitude regularly become 20-25% happier. (2)
Step 2: Take Your Vitamin G
There are many ways to practice gratitude, but the Gratitude to Bliss work focuses on a very simple practice I like to call “Vitamin G.”
This practice helped me personally go from a very dark place to one of calm, peace and yes, moments of bliss, in a matter of months. I was blown away by the power this simple practice gave me, yet how E-A-S-Y it was to incorporate it into my life.
You see, being a grateful person and practicing daily gratitude are not the same thing. You can be grateful at heart, but you may not feel grateful in your day to day life. Let’s face it, stuff happens that can derail us and send us down a path of worry, fear and negativity.
Having a simple tool to redirect you toward a positive light can be invaluable.
Write down 3-5 things you are grateful for every day.
Notice how you FEEL when you think about them – this is key!
Practice every day (or almost every day) for 2-3 months and notice how this practice starts to change the way you think and feel about life.
Step 3: Appreciate Yourself
A crucial piece of the Gratitude to Bliss work is learning to appreciate yourself by practicing Self-Gratitude. Remember include things about yourself on your list of what you are grateful for.
Step 4: Get Support
Be sure to check out the tools and resources throughout this site to help support you in your practice. And if you haven’t already, go get your FREE Gratitude Meditation now and start taking your Vitamin G today!
(1) (2) Emmons, R.A. (2007) Thanks! How the New Science of Gratitude Can Make You Happier, New York, New York: Houghton Mifflin Company.